Warrior Cats RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yin-Yang Series: Surviving Highschool & Dragons

4 posters

Go down

Yin-Yang Series: Surviving Highschool & Dragons Empty Yin-Yang Series: Surviving Highschool & Dragons

Post by Rain February 12th 2011, 12:15 pm

Chapter 4:
I Got Mail

So, my life? Oh God, what a life. It's hard to explain, so I'll just say how it all started, and what's happened. And oh, did I mention my legacy? My great destiny? Well, we'll leave that little tale for later, I'll let the climax build up. You know, get a little suspense going. All that good stuff.
It all started in March. A Thursday, to be exact. I'd managed to be a good little Vixen all through February, just like Colt told me to, and only got in trouble for minor things. Stuff like yelling back at the teachers and ditching classes, and the occassional stealing problem. (It's a habit I gotta break, I know.) Stuff like that. But when I hit March, things went a little haywire. I got a little edgy and things just weren't goin' so well. Here, let's begin with how I got expelled from Wilson High.
Now that I think about it, it seemed more like a freak accident. A fun one.
Average Thursday morning, I rolled outta bed and struggled to get my daily headache under control. My skin tingled with numbness and various itches. Gnarled, frizzy hair made a messy blanket over my eyes and I struggled to half stumble, half trip my way to the bathroom, doing my darned best not to kick poor Molly and her pale, plain tawny coat. (And might I add her ankle bands were looking marvelous today. She must have groomed them recently.)
I turned on the shower, got undressed and hopped in. I did the usual, washed and conditioned my hair, and it responded by easily smoothing itself out, looking more like hair than a bramble bush now, brushed my teeth, and washed up with some awesome smelling soap.
Turned off the water, hopped out feeling quite rudely awake, and grabbed a towel. Soaking wet, I went over and filled Molly's sink, yet again stopping the drain for the bobcat.
And let this be known, to everyone: For all the hell I go through to help her out, she'd better be frickin grateful. Especially when she seems to make herself a living obstacle course. Every. Effin. Night.
Then I patted myself dry with my handy dandy towel and wrapped myself up. I felt so much warmer, and I was pretty happy with that. As a matter of fact, I felt pretty damn good. I went to my room thinking, Today's gonna be a good day. To this waking moment, I still cannot figure out if it really was a good day, or a living hell.
I walked out, with more control over my feet, and traveled back to my room. Got new clean clothes, got my coat, and I bundled up. Looking at my clock, I was almost grateful to see I was on time. 7:54. I had six minutes to chill.
So I went on out to the everything room, as I like to call it, and went to the sink to warm up my hands with some more hot water. My fingers were getting a bit chilly.
And guess what I found? A nice little note, to my surprise. Wanna know what it said? Here, go ahead, read:

Avira, (Well, it actually said O'Freak, but same diff, right?)
Just like to let you know in a few months you're probably gonna get a new loser sister or brother. Me and your mom had a great time last night, thanks for being so quiet.
From your favorite pal,
Derrell.

Well, here's how I reacted:
I took the note in my hand and crunched it together, into a little oragami snowball. Then I went and ripped it into shreds, fury sweeping over my brain, glazing everything a blazing white that hurt my eyes a little.
While I let the pieces float down to earth, I got a glass plate and smashed it hard against the wall, the ceramic shattering immediately. My fist followed, going ahead before my head could process that I was punching the drywall.
My hand went straight ahead, scraping my skin harshly, and probably causing a few bruises among the trickles of scarlet liquid. Oh yeah, in case you hadn't guess it, I was pissed.
I let out a furious roar and pulled my arm around. That's when I heard a shift of air, right behind me. Whirling around, I used my fury and felt the rush of adrenaline roar through my bloodstream, making my ears pound.
My eyes wild and teeth bared in a very audible snarl, I probably looked like a rabid animal. I pulled my arm back and took a fast swing at the person in front of me.
"Vixen!" Colt dodged me like I was a tortoise and he was the hare.
I stopped slightly, backing up against the sink, breathing heavily. I barely moved a muscle, but my lungs were on fire.
Colt caught sight of my arm and rushed to it. "Dear God. What the hell happened?" he asked, grabbing it fast, but gingerly.
It shut my crazed eyes for a second, shutting out my vision. "Renovations came early." I said simply, gasping for air, nodding with my eyes still shut to the direction where the hole in the wall was.
"Jesus, Avira." he said angrilly, but I could sense the worry in his voice. "Come on, get under the sink." he turned on the cold water and turned me around. It was my turn to be the obedient dog.
Yeah right. I stopped, shaking him off. "I don't need your help, okay? Just gimme a sec."
I opened my eyes again and leaned heavily against the sink. I put my pounding head on hands and grimaced at the feeling of the sticky blood on my head.
I practically growled like a wild dog and shut off the cold water, whipping the hot water on as far as it would go and shoving my bad arm under.
"Avi..." Colt began, using my other pet name. But I stopped him.
"Shut up. I don't care."
Searing hot pain sliced into my arm, making my wounds scream. They were only minor scratches, but like I said, the little things hurt like hell while the big stuff was a walk in the park.
I hissed in my breath, holding it, then let myself relish the agonizing feeling until my adrenaline subsided. That and the fact that hot water kills germs was the only reason I'd pulled this little emo stunt off. I had to wear off my adrenaline, otherwise I wouldn't be able to focus, I couldn't think straight.
I worked furiously to clean off my head and arms, then shut the water off.
Releasing all the oxygen in my lungs, I took a deep breather and chilled out for a sec.
"What the hell was that all about?" Colt asked abruptly. Great timing.
I opened my eyes again, whipping around sooo close to loosing it. I started seeing red.
But his wide, green, concerned eyes shut me down, shut it all off. I sighed, feeling defeated and weak.
"Derrell. He must have busted in last night."
He looked rather puzzled. Of course he knew who Derrell was.
And for those who don't know, that's his brother. Half-brother if you want to get technical.
But he was still looking pretty damn clueless, so I tried to fill him in. I tried to, anyway.
"He left a note saying-" I trailed off, looking at my feet, trying to blink away the anger.
"Saying what?" I could feel Colt's gaze burning into my neck, making me get goosebumps, but this time, I refused to look up.
No, no confessing this time. I wasn't a little baby. Besides, Derrell had crossed the line this time. So I bit my lip and forced myself to look up with a slight smile on my face. "Nothin'. It's nothing. Can you gimme a ride to school? I think I just missed my bus."
He met my eyes and I could tell he was trying to see if I was lying. If there really was something wrong. And duh, of course there was. Derrell was gonna have quite a bit wrong with him when I was through.
But, Colt being Colt, trusted me and dismissed the worry. Yet again, what an idiot.
"Sure, grab your stuff. Let's get outta here." he smiled at me.
I grinned back, one looking innocent and friendly. But I was full of deviousness and demise. Oh yeah, I was cookin' up quite a plan inside my demonic little mind. I felt like one of those mad scientists or somethin' on T.V.
So I grabbed my stuff and left my rundown joint, wrapped up tightly in my warm and cozy hoody.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Yin-Yang Series: Surviving Highschool & Dragons Empty Re: Yin-Yang Series: Surviving Highschool & Dragons

Post by - Wolvine - February 13th 2011, 5:43 am

Can't you just edit your posts? D: Or have one topic for the story and another one for comments. This takes up so much space D:
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Yin-Yang Series: Surviving Highschool & Dragons Empty Re: Yin-Yang Series: Surviving Highschool & Dragons

Post by Ace February 13th 2011, 12:31 pm

Editing doesn't mark the topic as new, so it's usually best to just make another post. XI
Ace
Ace
That's pants-on-head retarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - February 13th 2011, 1:33 pm

No I mean make a new thread, post chapter 1 in one post. Post chapter 2 in another post, ect. Then make another thread where people comment about the story. It would be a lot tidier than making a new thread every time you write a new chapter.
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain February 13th 2011, 2:50 pm

Guess I could. Does it bother u that much buddeh? o.O
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - February 13th 2011, 6:52 pm

Meh It just seems a lot easier to me X3 Carry on this way if you want.
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain February 14th 2011, 2:59 pm

Well, actually, I kinda agree with you. I wasn't too happy to see a bunch of "Yin-Yang Series" titles. It struck me as annoying. I won't do exactly what you said, but I'll do a variation. 'Kay?
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - February 14th 2011, 3:03 pm

*Doesn't really care*
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain February 14th 2011, 4:41 pm

*rolls eyes* Nice.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee February 14th 2011, 11:02 pm

I was gonna suggest that, but WOLVERINE here BEAT ME TO EET. 8I

Anyways. Cool. :D I immediately thought of Love The Way You Lie like that line 'Next time I'll aim my fist at the drywall' or something like that and yaddayaddaydaada gawwwwwwwwwd. So yeah. Cool. :D
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain February 16th 2011, 1:30 pm

Oh My Gawd, ur right! I didn't even realize that! Coolios.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down