Warrior Cats RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really a Fanfic Fanfic.

4 posters

Go down

Not really a Fanfic Fanfic.  Empty Not really a Fanfic Fanfic.

Post by - Wolvine - February 8th 2011, 1:06 pm

Note that this is a VERY rough copy. My first draft. So yeah. Tell me stuff that makes me feel bad about my writing. :3

Part one
Black

The tom raised his head. The wind was getting strong. Someone must have upset the spirits. Still, that was of no concern of his. He raised his head and tested the air. It was normally humid, like the rest of the forest, but the strong wind had blown the usual stench away, leaving completely clean air. He frowned. A grumbling arose from his belly. When was the last time he had eaten? His black-rimmed ears caught the sound of small wings beating, and his nose confirmed the arrival of a bird. Finally. Food.

He turned his eyes to look at an elderly bamboo shoot, where the source of his excitement sat, its eyes watching the cat. If it had seen him, why hadn’t it flown away? He gazed at this tiny, cold shaded bird. It seemed to be on the most part a kind of dim purple, with an aqua mark around each of its eyes. Its chest was covered in swirls, and its tail seemed to be a good half of its total length. As he took a step closer to look at it, a green crest rose from the top of its head, and for the first time the cat noticed a strip of pink hanging from its beak. A worm.

He didn’t really want to kill the bird. It was beautiful to look at, and it looked so scrawny it would hardly be a mouthful, but his hunger got the better of him. He fell into a crouch, though he knew not what good this would do to him. It was plain now the bird had seen him. Still the question lingered in his mind. Why wasn’t it flying away? Any animal would run from what it knew was a predator. A response came from the back of his head. Perhaps it is hunting me. He found this thought ridiculous, and he pushed it to the back to where it came from. When he was but a paw swipe away, he noticed that the strip was not a worm. It was flesh, possibly cat flesh at that. And blood still oozed from it. It was fresh.

Squealing, the tabby reeled back. He stared wide-eyed at the bird, noticing for the first time that it didn’t seem to have any eyes at all, just a white space where they should be, occasionally changing colour a bit to give a false illusion. This was enough for him. Turning tail, he ran as fast as he could, hardly noticing the cry of alarm from the bird. So fast did he speed away that he did not catch the movement in the shadows, a clawed dull white paw tapping the bird’s beak shut, an almost white tail wound with a yellowed band flicking dismissively, as if not impressed by the cat’s speed, a twitch of whiskers and the thud of paws. So quickly did he make his escape, looking back all the time that he did not notice the light grey chest till he bounced against it.

“It has been a long time, has it not Oak?” Another squeal. Oak looked up at the figure in front of him. It was larger than the tabby, who was above average weight, and it was also a lot taller. The figure was shrouded in shadow, and after the scent of death he noticed a feline scent. So it was a cat, not a spirit. This did little to ease the murderer’s fear. The cat was a few shades darker than white, not quite a light grey, but certainly not the pure, blank colour. He was also rather fluffy. To a human, his oversized paws and large ears, one of which folded over slightly, might have seemed sweet, but his target was numb with terror, unable to speak. When the cat raised a paw up to his own face, Oak let out a small hiss.

Ah, it appears I have forgotten an important detail about this mystery character. He bore a mask. This mask, left side white, right side black, seemed to have a large line down the centre, as if it where able to split apart. Another feature of this cat was a string of grey pearls that hung round his neck, however they seemed to move on their own. This was the mask he reached up to now, and he removed it. It was indeed able to split, and Oak looked on as the cat’s mask came apart, one colour in each paw. Recognition flared in his eyes.

“You…” His opponent simply smiled, and in a flash of silver, the tabby slumped to the ground. A trickle of bronze came from his forehead, and ended in the small space between each of the sides of the mask. A second later and the tail of this thread disappeared, like a snake escaping into its hole after spotting an owl. Only there was no owl, just a small, colourful bird pecking at a tomcat’s ear.

Kay, so, if this where ever published and junk, this would be the prologue. Criticism is asked, no begged for. Again, its just my first draft, and I know its sucky. But meh. B wanted to read it.
BTW The first part is Black, the second is White, and the third is Silver. I dunno why you'd want to know that... Meep.
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Not really a Fanfic Fanfic.  Empty Re: Not really a Fanfic Fanfic.

Post by Celeste~ February 8th 2011, 10:20 pm

.....?? That is very confusing...
Celeste~
Celeste~

http://www.chickensmoothie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - February 9th 2011, 11:38 am

Its not meant to reveal anything. Its a prologue. Not an actual chapter. If you read any prologue without even reading the blurb, its bound to be confusing. This story has no blurb. So it is confusing :3
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain February 9th 2011, 2:45 pm

What the...... WHY DOES THE CAT HAVE AN EFFIN MASK?
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Oc February 9th 2011, 2:47 pm

lol...blurb.
This is very interesting :o *wants to read more*
Doc Oc
Doc Oc

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - February 9th 2011, 5:26 pm

.... THe blurb is the back part of the book. Though I must admit it is a funny word... blurb....

And Golden, its like a parallel universe or sommin. You don't even know what the cat is called, so don't go yelling about his mask D: I like how you didn't say anything about the moving pearls X3

Does anyone else feel it flows too fast? It seems to jump a lot for me, and there's almost no description of anything except the bird and the masky cat.
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain February 9th 2011, 10:22 pm

Like Celest said, it is pretty confusing. But.... I guess like u said its okay. Prologues tend to be confusing. But of course, a little detail about surroundings and such wouldn't hurt. And who's doing what, I kept getting lost with that.
Rain
Rain
The Awesominator

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - February 10th 2011, 5:13 am

Mmm the thing is, you don't know Oak's name till mystery cat says it, and you don't know mystery cat's name until later on in the story. The fact that they're both male is also confusing. o.o
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down