Warrior Cats RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY SORT OF HORROR THAT ISN'T REALLY A HORROR.

3 posters

Go down

MY SORT OF HORROR THAT ISN'T REALLY A HORROR. Empty MY SORT OF HORROR THAT ISN'T REALLY A HORROR.

Post by - Wolvine - August 11th 2011, 9:30 am

A lord once lived here. Yes here. It was his castle. True, it’s not much now, but once it was grand, with golden statues in every corner, fine paintings and portraits, with suits of armour and large beds. See that thing, in the corner there? No, not that, the cage! That cage was put there by that lord. He kept a beast inside it. There are many accounts of what kind of creature it was, most say it was some kind of big cat, or a crocodilian-like reptile or a wolf of some kind. Some told of its dagger-like fangs, of its razor sharp claws, of its long thick tail that could bring down a man in a single blow, of its size, its enormous size. It all depends who you’re hearing the story from. But they all said one thing about the beast. It was a carnivore, a man-eater.

What’s that? Too scared to hear about what happened hundreds of years ago? Scared of the past, of ghosts? Oh so you’ve changed your mind. That’s good. It’s an interesting story, even if it’s not a pretty one.

The lord was immensely proud of his beast. Among all his possessions, all of his fine ornaments, his pretty slaves, the creature was his favourite. But this was a one-sided kind of love, for the needs of the animal were greatly overlooked. It could have lived with the stench of its own faeces, with the cramped room in the cage, but it was never fed. Unless there was a traitor in the lord’s castle, a particularly unwelcome guest, someone who he wanted to disappear. All the villagers knew about it. It was hard not to hear about this fantastic animal, for the lord was far from modest.

One night, a woman arrived at his doorstep, her clothes heavy with rain. She was brought in, and the Lord examined her. She seemed familiar to him, but when she presented him with a babe in rags and explaining why she had come, he forgot any familiarity he might have with her. She claimed the baby was his son.
Now this lord was not fond of children. No, not one bit. In fact, he had a strong dislike of them, but he allowed the woman to stay in one of his many spare rooms. That night, as she slept, he crept into her room and stole the baby, calming it so it wouldn’t cry. He went to the cage, and fed the beast his live son. When it was done chewing the bones, he took them to the garden and buried them.

The next day he awoke to sobbing. He comforted the woman, displaying such care, sympathy and affection nobody suspected him. They accepted that the baby had simply disappeared.
A few months later, after the lord had married the woman, a slave was gardening when she found some bones. First she thought some guard had buried his chicken dinner, as they often did, but on closer inspection, she saw they were a human child’s bones. She saw the gnawed ends, the claw marks. Only one beast was capable of such marks, and only one man so heartless to feed a baby to a monster.
She rushed to the village, telling anyone who would listen what she had discovered. The villagers were furious, for the death of a child was a sad thing, a murder a crime punishable by death, and the murder of a child unforgivable. They armed themselves and marched to the castle, knocking down doors, burning tapestries, till the lord came out to see what all the fuss was about. They pushed him to the ground and cut him into tiny bits, pushing each slice in for his beast, till there was nothing left but bones. These too they gave to the animal.

And that’s how it ends. Sleep well.

Crits? Ideas for a title? Tell me of any typos D<
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

MY SORT OF HORROR THAT ISN'T REALLY A HORROR. Empty Re: MY SORT OF HORROR THAT ISN'T REALLY A HORROR.

Post by Bee August 11th 2011, 2:43 pm

OHOHOHOHOHOHO. Beautiful. :D

Not really horror, unless the beast is still roaming around and you're spending time at the castle. :o
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

MY SORT OF HORROR THAT ISN'T REALLY A HORROR. Empty Re: MY SORT OF HORROR THAT ISN'T REALLY A HORROR.

Post by - Wolvine - August 13th 2011, 5:27 am

I know XD It was originally going to be a horror, but I edited out because it seemed unnecessary. The paper version is more-or-less the same length, just with less detail and lots of stuff I cut out. And whoever they're talking to is spending time there XD
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee August 14th 2011, 4:15 pm

In that case, they're screwed. :D
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - August 14th 2011, 8:50 pm

XD It was my first time writing in this style. I think it came out OK. I was just experimenting XD
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee August 15th 2011, 6:49 pm

I don't think I can do horror. :B You did better than I could have done. XD
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - August 16th 2011, 7:25 am

I bet I could write a more horrific story, but I had that idea... And that was born C:
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee August 30th 2011, 3:04 pm

You should write another one. :D
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by - Wolvine - September 14th 2011, 7:54 am

HAHAHAHA

No. :l
- Wolvine -
- Wolvine -

Back to top Go down

Post by Snigger September 14th 2011, 4:46 pm

It was good! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed it
Snigger
Snigger
Extreme Insanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum